Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sundays

I love Sundays in the fall. Cool weather, football, and time to sew.

After we got home from church, I turned on the Denver game in my craft room. With the hot iron warming up the room and the girls napping, life was lovely. Inspiration hit me this week, and finally I know whaat I am going to do on the triangular corners for my red, black and green quilt.

So today I started cutting strips and sewing them together.


Then I cut them apart again.


And I have started sewing them back together.


And finally, I will trim them down to size.

I think they are so cute.

I still don't know how many I will need to frame the large black triangles, but it is nice just hearing the whirring of a sewing machine again. I have about a dozen finished so far, and can't wait for the end of the Charger game, when the girls will go to bed, to make about 30 or so more.

Yesterday, we had family pictures taken by a friend, Shari, who is and excellent photographer. We dressed the whole family in tones of pink and green, I hope the pictures turn out as well as I think they did. I took one shot of the girls just to show off their cute outfits.

If they look that cute with my old camera, I can't wait to see the pictures from Shari.

Have a great day
Kami


2 comments:

Mary said...

Your two girls are adorable. Knowing your mom, I can certainly see their grandmother in their faces.
Glad to hear you had time to sew this weekend.

Lori Pierce said...

Make sure you send us the pictures when they come back! These outfits are too cute.

I like your diamond borders too.