Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My UFO


I hate being on a budget. Today I went to my second quilt store in a week and between both only spent less than 8 dollars. And that was on thread. How did I managed to walk away from the myriad of patterns and fabrics calling my name. Simple, I am totally focused on finishing my current quilt. It has been a two year labor of love, and I am so excited to see it find its way off of my to do list, and hanging on a wall. There is only one corner of poinsettias still to applique.

I have to admit that I have a new love of applique. Never having tried it prior to last year, I am finding it a great way to quilt on the go. Of course, with my 3 and 5 yr old daughters I spend a lot of time on the go. This is great, I get to have me time -- at dance class, waiting to pick-up from school.... So I am excited to start something new, but first I really want to finish this. I will post the finished quilt soon, keep looking for the completed pictures.

Kami


No comments: