Wednesday, July 15, 2009

An All Sewing Day...kinda

Yes, from about 10 am on I was able to sit quietly with very few interuptions and just sew. Unfortunately, I was on a hard plastic chair in the ER.

About a 1/2 hour after my DH woke up he had a grand mal seizure and after calling emergency services, an ambulance arrived to take him to the hospital. Let me tell you I was a shaky nervous wreck, thankfully the neighbor across the street came over when she saw all the emergency vehicles and watched the kids while I showered and packed. I grabbed my applique bag and a couple of books, clothes for Jason and left just as my dad showed up to watch the girls for the day. What I really wish I packed with everything else was my ipod. Jason dozed in between the docs doing their thing so I got to sit and sew while listening to beeps and the quiet conversation from the nurses across the aisle. I would have loved music, or an audiobook to help the time pass.

Thankfully, he is home and resting well tonight. He had to have a 5 hour drip of phosphates because his levels were "critically low". But he's stable and we are looking forward to a slew of doctors appointments over the next few days. I just hope he stays that way.

So here is your next clue for the selvages. I was first inspired to collect selvages because of Jodie at Vintage RicRac. Look around and you might find my inspiration piece. I am choosing pink as my coordinating color.

Kami



3 comments:

Shari said...

Oh no Kami. How scary for you guys. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope Jason is okay and the testing is quick and painless revealing no big problems. Please keep us posted and let us know if there is anything you need.

Lori Pierce said...

I'm glad to hear that he's doing better and at home. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Might want to check your camera in case your dad kept a record of his day with your girls. You'll never know how much he appreciates your confidence in trusting 2 of your 3 most important things in life to his care ... as Meatloaf sang "2 outa 3 ain't bad"
LOVE!