Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Reminisces

I wanted to show off the pictures of the gift I made for my mom for Mother's Day. Wanting a pink and black theme, I purchased 2 fat quarters of fabric, a needle threader, a bias tape maker, and the piece de' resistance, was an adorable little pincushion. I first saw them when Sandra at Pepperberry & Co. had a link on her website on Earth Day, and I just knew that I was going to make several as gifts.


They are made out of the top of a 2 liter bottle. Talk about turning your trash into a treasure. The pink and black one was for my mom, and the other was for Jason's stepmom. They both turned out great, and now I just have to finish one for me.

My Mother's Day weekend continued on Saturday at my mom's house. Each of us had a chore to do before going swimming in the afternoon. Mine was to make a "box-style" card. I was allowed to pick any paper I wanted, and then decorate the card. I loved this pink and green ladybug paper and had to use it. And when finished pull the little circle sticking out the side and a panel popsout to to continue to embellish and write on.

I am glad Friday night and Saturday were so wonderful because Sunday.... well, lets just say it stunk. Alyssa woke us up at an extremely early hour, I was allowed to sleep in so I missed the first few episodes of her throwing up. But there were plenty more to follow, and any thought of being pampered flew out the window as I spent the day mothering my youngest instead. Finally tonight I got to open the last of my Mother Day presents.


Jason got me a beautiful necklace and earrings, and the girls each picked out a little notebook. I don't know if you can see the cookbook I got, but it is full of family recipes and photos that my brother and sister-in-law put together. I feel truly blessed.

Kami

3 comments:

limpingalong said...

The cook book sounds like a very thoughtful gift!

julieQ said...

What a lucky mom, how nice of you! I am so glad you had a wonderful day.

Mary said...

Kami, Your little pin cushions are absolutely adorable. Tell your mom to show them to me someday. They look like a perfect little gift that I will try to make for my sister. I've got two months to make one. Think I can do it???