Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Another Month Done

I finished my April block. I am so excited with the Bunny Hill BOMs, they are quick to prep and quick to applique. And just the right amount of backstitching for people like me who don't want to spend the time on extra stitching and instead play with more fabric. I am predicting that the May block will have a sheep, but since I have been surprised each time, I suppose I will have to wait a few weeks to find out for sure.

I thought I would also post a few pictures of our trip to the Wild Animal Park in Escondido, for their annual butterfly fest. We went with the girls' cousin Hannah, Ama, and Aunt Carole. It was so much more fun sharing the Park with other people. We saw lions, a 6 week old baby cheetah, and lots of other animals, but by far the highlight was the butterflies. All the girls were able to hold a butterfly on their fingers for at least few seconds before they flew off to feed again. The butterflies were beautiful and everywhere, I couldn't even count the number of varieties, but I would guess about 25. If we had let her, Katelyn would have stayed there all day racing after the butterflies trying to get them to land on her finger. We tried convincing her to slow down and let them come to her, but she kept forgetting in her excitement.

Enjoy, Kami









1 comment:

Marj said...

I saw your comment on Indigo threads blog and decided to visit. I am fairly new to blogland. I am also trying to do Bunnyhill's BOM, but I have not done any applique yet. I have a friend who does beautiful work and as soon as she is settled into her new home, is going to give me a lesson.
i have enjoyed my visit. Please stop by my blog Eclecticquilter.blogspot.com and say hi......Marj