Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kites and more

Happy day after Earth Day.
Did you go outside and do something special? Here are a few pictures of the girls celebrating. Well at least doing something fun.


Okay are you ready to see my black, red, and green quilt. It really needs a name, but I haven't thought of anything yet. I think I might need to get more parts together before something will come to me. If you have any suggestions leave a comment with your idea.
Here are the pieces before assembling the first block. I get so excited just seeing those little pieces of fabric.
This is where the tiny squares go. These are on all for sides of the block and the whites will create squares when matched together.

And drum roll please......


The first finished block. The quilt top is 4 by 4 blocks I can't wait to see it finished. In fact I am liking it so much I am considering making it bigger. But that can wait until I finish all 16 of these to decide.

Finally, I thought I would post my picture of how I store my selvages. Karen at Selvage blog asked everyone to email her pictures of how their selvages are stored. Mine are in a shallow wicker basket that can slide on top of my quilting books on a shelf. It looks like I might have enough to start thinking about that project.
Have a great day and go do something creative.

Kami

3 comments:

Marj said...

The name idea that first pops into my head is "Spring Kisses". I'm sure some other really good ideas will come your way.I really am liking your blocks so far, are they easy to assemble?

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

Lovely block! I like how you've combined such different things- flowers and kisses. And I'm jealous of your selvage collection! :-)

Anonymous said...

Kites have never looked like more fun! Enjoyed your Earth Day - Thanks for sharing