Sunday, April 19, 2009

Presents


Friday afternoon I called my mom and she was on her way home from a quilt store, and she had bought a present for me. I love surprises, and this one did not disappoint. The fabrics in the picture are from Bunny Hill's new line of fabrics. The bunny is adorable. The other thing in the picture are these little tags to put in the binding of a quilt that say "P.S. I love you" Isn't that sweet.

Before I left her house, she gave me another gift. It may not look like much yet, but I have been bitten by the selvage bug. I am now collecting those little edges of the fabric that tell the manufacturing information so that some day I can make something as amazing as this. Okay, so I am not even that ambitious, but I am inspired and I often find that a good place to be. So if you want to see more selvage ideas, go to Karen's blog and look at some of the cool things being made.

Hopefully, later today I will post pictures of my newest work in project. A 54" square quilt that has hundreds of little pieces. You think I jest, but the tiny squares are cut at 1 1/8" and I need, well.... way too many of them. What was I thinking?

Kami

3 comments:

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

Oooh, selvedge is dangerous territory! I think you'll become addicted :-) I can't wait to see what you make, though!

Marj said...

Love the Bunny Hill Fabric. I also have started saving selvedges, can hardly wait to get enough to make something.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You own some Chelsea Manor!! I love that fabric and do not own any. Gotta get some.
Can't wait to see what your first selvage project will be.